permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Thanks everyone for the healthy debate

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Evan Schoepke <thejulianeffect@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Thanks everyone for the healthy debate
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 17:02:14 -0800

The poll doesn't show that everyone agrees and shouldn't as obviously it's a
complicated question. Look I'm not some jerk just trying to rip people
off, I'm a permaculturalist who is trying to get permaculture to broader
audience. People agree or disagree and propose compromises and that's why
it's a healthy debate. I did respectfully take the book down off my site
but there isn't a fascist government in the world that could keep that book
from being spread on the internet for free, those are facts. Through this
poll I wanted to see how exactly people thought about the issue and if
reflects a lot on how people think about permaculture as a whole. I don't
believe in the myth of the self made man or woman and for good or ill
copyrights are one of the best expressions of that myth. We are all
embraced and sustained by the entirety of the universe even folks we don't
like. If your think I'm a jerk thats fine but at least I got some folks
thinking.

~evan
The obstacle is the Path.
-Zen Proverb