permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Where is the ideal permaculture land?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: brent@gp.org
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Where is the ideal permaculture land?
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 20:17:26 -0400 (EDT)

I have been reading "Global Climate Change Impacts in the United States."

This report was released earlier this summer.

You can read it online:
http://www.globalchange.gov/publications/reports/scientific-assessments/us-impacts

Basically the Southwest is screwed.

I think that the science is more definate than people in general know
because the fossil fuel industry is deliberatly keeping the issue
confused.

This report is very comprehensive. The impacts are real and immediate.

The Great Lakes Region and the Midwest in general are seeing more severe
rain fall events with increasing drought in the summer but overall
rainfall is not an issue.

We will need to do a better job of preparing for the Summer droughts.

Also without the winters getting as cold as they use to we will not see
the insect die offs that we have seen in the past and will need to deal
with this as well.

But I am hopeful for the future of the Midwest in general.

The most severe storms are occuring in the Northeast and this trend is
increasing.

Sincerely:

Brent McMillan, Steward of Woodhaven
Avilla, IN USA