permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Drugs in urine

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Suraj Kumar <suraj@sunson.in>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Drugs in urine
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 08:15:26 +0530

The fundamental problem is we're talking about man made chemicals and
we have no clue on even how they react amongst each other - forget
testing it out with our environment - especially something as old and
complex as "top soil". pH analyses and soil tests are reductionist
views to simplify the complex phenomenon that goes on in reality.
Simplifications are flawed. So if anybody tells you "exactly how much
you need to dilute the urine", tell them they are deluded due to this
Reductionist View of Life and it's phenomenon.

I know my answer isn't going to sound "scientific", but I'd say
"follow your instinct" - pee where you feel like peeing ;) I believe a
lot of our own characteristics are tuned to nature. This thing called
"society" and "culture" makes us disconnect ourselves from that engine
that keeps life going. Its called "instincts". If we shut our
"intellectual brains off" and just followed our instincts, I guess
we'd be a much more harmless species "in harmony" with it's
environment than what we're today.

So, again... just pee where you feel like peeing ;)

Cheers,

-Suraj