permaculture - [permaculture] Hedge Ideas

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jude Hobbs <cascadia@starband.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Hedge Ideas
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 13:17:41 -0700

Hello Josh,

Check out the Oregon State University Bulletin EM8721: A Guide to Multifunctional Hedgerows in Western Oregon. I wrote this in 1998 so some of the resources are no longer available. The abbreviated Guide describes ways to: enhance wildlife habitat; diversify farm income; reduce soil erosion; decrease wind damage; conserve water; create borders and privacy screens; establishment and maintenance; and plant ideas for specific conditions and heights.

You can download the Bulletin from my website or access it through
http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUS300&=&q=A+Guide+to+Multifunctional+Hedgerows+in+Western+Oregon.&btnG=Google+Search.

Jude
Agro-Ecology Northwest
Cottage Grove, Oregon