permaculture - [permaculture] Hedge ideas

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Josh Lindsey <josh.lindsey@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Hedge ideas
  • Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 18:36:54 -0700

Hi folks, I'm looking for a hedge that will function as both a privacy
screen and food source. The more dense the hedge, the better.

It would be planted with southern exposure on a hill that receives lots of
rainwater runoff from the property above. The hill is steep and drains well,
but stays moist 3 seasons. Soil is clay-ish, but can be worked. Hill
currently has ivy/grass/blackberry. I'm in Southwest Washington State ---
USDA Zone 8.

Thanks!

Josh