permaculture - Re: [permaculture] purified water

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: sinergyinaction@netscape.net
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] purified water
  • Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 06:05:18 -0400

Well it may well end up like this, and we all have to die sooner or later
after all, so why bothering about permaculture at all in the first
place???....Even if we run out of oil, which will probably not happen in
quite a long time (which is different than peak oil) we'll still have to
drink water and, especially if like many millions of people, we'll continue
to live in huge urban centres, this water will be most probably heavily
polluted. I still have the hope that things can change, and that the very
same people that is now polluting might decide to switch to new systems
(hopefully more eco-friendly) Nobody knows the future, but in order to be
able to propose useful alternatives one has to be as healthy as one can be,
even in those circumstances you are describing. If we are what we eat and
drink (among other things) probably having access to an unpolluted and safe
supply of water can make a huge difference in what you can do both for
yourself and others.
Even water in a puddle can be solar distilled and probably made safer by
adding other substances...like some has suggested earlier.

Ciao
Antonio