permaculture - [permaculture] purified water

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: negiliblek <negiliblek@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] purified water
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 16:33:40 -0700 (PDT)

>So Toby, from what you and others write, are you implying that you would not
>drink either
>solar or machine distilled water or even reverse osmosis for long periods of
>time or, actually, >as your basic water supply?

Speaking for myself (rather than Toby), I only drink purified water  -but I
make sure I have some mineral/calcium source in the water (like oyster
shells).

"A scientific explanation" of how water is used by the body is a narrow band
of only what can be proven in from reductionist view point -and doesn't take
into account the water that actually flows through us via methods not
directly studied from reductionist experiments.

To believe the water we drink is entirely broken up into other molecules
before it courses through our body is rash notion even for a scientific view.

Purified water can be used to cleanse your body -but be careful, it could
cleanse you to death if it's too pure and your body is already lacking/having
trouble absorbing Ca. You might take into account the purity of the water,
your mineral intake at the time of ingesting the water, and the mineral state
of your own body's condition (if you have trouble absorbing calcium or some
needed substance).

>From toby@patternliteracy.com Fri Oct 3 20:25:15 2008
> To believe the water we drink is entirely broken up into other
> molecules before it courses through our body is rash notion even for a
> scientific view.

And no one has said that. "Much of" and "a lot of" are the qualifiers I
used, never "entirely." Please, don't attribute non-existent absolutes
to my statements; I try hard to be careful with language and not say
more than I can produce evidence for, and to indicate when I am
guessing. Also, the reason I repeatedly use phrases like "from a
scientific view" is because I realize that Western science is only one
framework. I've been cured of a deadly serious illness by Chinese
medicine that Western science is virtually powerless to treat. I find
the internal consistency, practical use, and explanatory power of
Chinese medicine, Ayurvedic medicine, Steiner's approach to chemistry,
and some other non-mainstream views to be at least the equal of Western
science. But I'm far better trained in science than I am in those other
studies, so I only feel qualified to comment from a scientific point of
view.

Toby