permaculture - [permaculture] Camping and Primitive Survival classes in North texas

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Marjory <forestgarden@gvtc.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Camping and Primitive Survival classes in North texas
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 10:13:43 -0500

Upcoming week ends at Camp Tonkawa - Outdoor Learning Center of North Texas
*** see web site for details, times, costs and how to register www.camptonkawatexas.com <http://www.camptonkawatexas.com/> or call 903-429-6483

*Basic Camping Skills - Saturday Oct 11 through Sunday Oct 12* (date was changed)
For those of you who want to camp but don't feel quite confident enough to go out on your own, this class will put you at ease in the outdoors for a camping adventure. With supervised guidance, you will easily learn how to use the equipment needed for basic camping, safe fire starting skills and cooking. We'll make sure you not only learn outdoor skills but have fun being in the great outdoors!
** *Primitive Survival Combo Camp - Friday Oct 17 through Sunday Oct 19*
"Shelter, Water, Fire, Food" is what is needed for complete survival. This camp combines our "Primitive Survival 1 camp which teaches you how to build a simple shelter using natural materials, start a fire without matches, and find safe drinking water" with our "Primitive Survival 2 camp which covers the three aspects of food :Wild Edible Plants, Wild Meats, and Primitive Cooking."

Please pass this information on to your friends. Currently we have people coming up from Austin, San Antonio and Houston for the Primitive Survival. Hope to see some local families come join us to take advantage of our wonderful program, offered to you at a reasonable price, right in your part of the state!