permaculture - Re: [permaculture] an introduction and a question

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: yarrow@sfo.com
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] an introduction and a question
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 16:50:06 -0700

At 10:08 PM -0700 5/13/08, jordan@riseup.net wrote:
Much of what I want to do with my Permaculture knowledge involves
earthworks and large-scale design. Do I need to go the LA route to be able
to design and lead these kinds of projects?

A shorter and more practical route is to get a landscape contracting license, or just contact your local/state landscape contractors' association to find out what the regulations and restrictions are. Usually getting the license involves passing a few tests on plants, landscape materials, and regs, and paying some fees -- not a big deal, if you're prepared.

Or do what Gene says -- find a partner who has a license and who wants to do the kinds of things you want to do.