permaculture - [permaculture] an introduction and a question

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: jordan@riseup.net
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] an introduction and a question
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 22:08:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hi folks,

I'm new to the list. I have a question for you all.

How are you doing? Are you back home yet?

I wanted to ask your take on something. Here in the states (and in
Australia too from what I gather...) the Landscape Architecture profession
has been cracking down on people who are doing work the LAs consider their
privilege.

According to a head of the state board that I talked to, if you are
drawing designs for the purposes of guiding earth-moving or landscaping,
you are doing landscape architecture and need to be registered, or working
under someone who is registered, or you need to be an Engineer.

Not too long ago, it was more open. NOw, the fines are very steep.

Much of what I want to do with my Permaculture knowledge involves
earthworks and large-scale design. Do I need to go the LA route to be able
to design and lead these kinds of projects?

what's your take on it?

Jordan Fink
Portland, OR, Cascadia

--

"The seeds in our consciousness can function like anti-bodies. What is
important is that you continue to plant new seeds, the kind of seeds that