permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Two schools of permaculture?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Nick Ritar" <nick@milkwood.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Two schools of permaculture?
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 11:04:33 +1000

There are also people who have moved onto conventionally developed
properties that are converting them over to the permaculture way.

We are currently running our first PDC with Darren Doherty as our guest
teacher. We are developing our property as a demonstration site for
permaculture techniques, but the place was terribly degraded by overgrazing
and already has 2000 olive trees planted as a monoculture.

http://www.milkwoodpermaculture.com.au
http://www.milkwood.net

I'm not sure if we are the education centre mentioned above but we might as
well be, we even have an image on our site which could be the one mentioned
above. http://www.flickr.com/photos/cicada/211354860/in/set-1367910/

Should we have bulldozed those olives before offering our first course?

I suppose we are wanna be's..... our farm isn't a perfect example of a
fully evolved permaculture system, but we want it to be.

Nick