permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Plastic v. Stainless Steel - water quality

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Linda Shewan <linda.shewan@bryn.com.au>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Plastic v. Stainless Steel - water quality
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 18:55:19 +1100

Question 3 - If you don't want to drink tap water for whatever reason (ag
region with nitrites, chloramine, etc.) and can't get water delivered
in glass bottles for whatever reason, is it better to buy
filtered/purified water in large plastic bottles, or are you better
off drinking the tap water and not storing any water in plastic?

Surely filtering/purifying your tap water would be the best option. You can
buy bottle top filters that you use for travelling and put on top of whatever
bottle you have or buy a vortex jug which is supposed to completely purify
the water.... (if anyone has one I would be very interested in hearing...)

I'm sure there are other options as well.

Linda