permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Plastic v. Stainless Steel

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Robyn Francis <erda@nor.com.au>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Plastic v. Stainless Steel
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 18:14:31 +1100

My stainless steel water bottle has been in use for only 7 years now and not
a single dent - it should last long enough for my kids and grandchildren to
inherit if I don't lose it first....
My stainless steel thermos flask I bought in India in 1987 and still as good
as new despite heaps of use and lots of travel.
We need to think more in terms of generations of use for all our stuff -
changing the consume/discard mentality fostered in recent decades is one of
the biggest challenges we face.

Ciao
Robyn