permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Similarities between the Jesus Movement at its origin and the Permaculture movement

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Gregory Konger <gjkonger@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Similarities between the Jesus Movement at its origin and the Permaculture movement
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 10:01:05 -0800 (PST)

Dieter,

I believe it is our fantasies that lead us into sex. The real thing is never
as good as the fantasy.

I was married at one time, because of my fantasies, but I did not have any
children. I gave up sex toward the end of the marriage and I let her go.

When I disciplined myself to ignore my fantasies and give up sex, I felt
healthier mentally, less ashamed, and more in control of myself.

I learned in biology that if animal populations get too large they all die
because they destroy their food source. That's is why I believe God created
carnivores.

Obviously, animals don't control thier population or sex lives, so some other
creature does it for them.
If that creature doesn't exist, their population will get too big and
destructive.

If we wish to do better than the animals, we need to learn to control our sex
lives and population.

Greg Konger

Dieter Brand <diebrand@yahoo.com> wrote:

Greg,

I guess that is one way of looking at it. It just struck me as odd that the
one thing nature uses to perpetuate itself was singled out as harmful
or a "questionable pleasure".

I think that, except for hardened puritans, most would agree that sex is
part of a normal and healthy life and that suppressing normal body
functions
may well lead to unmoral activities like fumbling little boys after
communion
class. I know, not all priests are like that, but I fear not a few have a
problem
with suppressed sexuality.

In the 60s and 70s we used to say "make love not war". Judging by your
comments things have changed a lot since.

Dieter Brand
Portugal

Be a better friend, newshound, and