permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permie politics

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permie politics
  • Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 17:05:08 -0500

Scott Pittman wrote:

I will comment that there seems to be an abiding fear of disagreement or of
heartfelt commentary among some on this list and in the pc community. I
think too much love and light is unhealthy and dishonest given the honest
need to be clear and straight in our dealings with each other.

Interesting course correction and great writing, Scott. We are in hard times
and it may get yet harder.
Collectively, we need to find solutions and fixes to help us survive.

Generations of permaculturists, visionary stewards of the land, Nature and
society
could have been forseen by this English author:

Another servant of Nature, the author Algernon Blackwood, begins his novel
The Centaur with this:

"There are certain persons who, independently of sex or comliness, arouse an
instant curiosity concerning themselves.
The tribe is small, but its members unmistakable. They may possess neither
fortune, good looks, nor that adroitness
of advance-vision, which the stupid name good-luck; yet there is about them
this inciting quality which proclaims that
they have overtaken Fate, set a harness about its neck of violence, and hold bit
aand bridle in steady hands."

Food for thought:

"We may be in the Universe as dogs and cats are in our libraries, seeing the
books and hearing the conversation, but
having no inkling of the meaning of it all" -- William James, "A Pluralistic
Universe"

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lflj@intrex.net