permaculture - Re: [permaculture] small cooking woodstove

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Gregory Konger <gjkonger@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] small cooking woodstove
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 06:00:41 -0700 (PDT)

> It's not about writing off Christianity, although I'm not particularly
> averse to that option. It's about rejecting the Christian axiom that nature
> has no reason to exist save to serve man. If Christianity is taking care of
> that, hooray

I never read anything in the new testament that states that axiom. It may
have been in the old testament, but Jesus was
known to refute some of the ideas in the old testament. I believe people of
today and in the past twist the new testament around to suit their own
opinions and call themselves Christians while they overlook the basic axiom
of Christianity which is to love one another. We are not loving one another
when we destroy the environment to the point that people suffer.
If Christ was here today and people listened to him, Earth would be looking
more like paradise than hell.

> As far as I can tell, most of both corporate and governmental power holders
> today call themselves Christians. Lynn White, jr. could have written today,
> I think.

They call themselves Christians, but they sure don't follow Christ's
teachings. Christ spoke against being rich. He also taught about turning the
other cheek. Most politicians and corporate elites seek revenge and hold
onto lots of riches.
Greed and Anger are not christian teachings. Christ calls everyone to be
perfect like the father, and to surpass even the scribes of his day. Christ
said getting to heaven is like going through a narrow gate. This means we
have to practice our virtues so that we overcome our vices so that we can
enter into the kingdom. The way I understand Christ, he meant for the
kingdom to be here on Earth.

Greg Konger

Catch up on fall's hot new shows on Yahoo! TV. Watch previews, get listings,
and more!
http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/3658