permaculture - Re: [permaculture] A Question about investments

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: yarrow@sfo.com
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] A Question about investments
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 09:45:11 -0700

At 4:47 AM -0600 10/8/07, Scott Pittman wrote:
Certainly institutions like the permaculture credit union should be
preparing to advise their members on when and how to withdraw their
"dollars" and put them into something a little more stable. Stability, in
my mind, wanders to horse drawn equipment, hand tools, fertile land, and on
and on. If indeed we are on the edge of another big crash then it makes
since to me that we should be investing in survival tools. I also know that
skills such as permaculture, and shoe making will become much more highly
marketable and prized, won't that be nice.

Yeah, I agree land and tools and skills are good investments, but how do governments that request tax payments on real property fit into this scenario? Won't landowners need dollars to pay taxes so that they can continue to permacult?