permaculture - [permaculture] A Question about investments

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Udan Farm <udanfarm@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] A Question about investments
  • Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 19:05:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,
My partner and I are considering investing in the Permaculture Credit Union
as we are taking over finances for his ill father. We have been talking to a
local financial adviser, but we keep in mind that his and our values are very
different, ours being straight along Permaculture Ethics lines and very
simple.

My question is this:
Does anyone have any input on investing in things from a Perm. Ethics point
of view, but that would also save us from having to pay a lot of federal
income tax (we are in the US)?
Our financial adviser seems to think that his company is perfect for us,
since they try to avoid for us to pay taxes (by finding tax deferred things
to put our money in) and they invest in things other than the stock market.
But a lot of what the co. invests in is not simple and is questionable
ethically or at least convoluted.

We simply would rather put it in a PCU or a jar in the ground, or buy
land,
or some other ethical investment but those things incur tax payments
yearly....(except the jar)

Any thoughts?

We appreciate this input as we are wading into this unfamiliar territory.
Thanks,
Isabel Crabtree

Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.