permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Ants & how to make them go away

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jody Troupe <jodyt2@mac.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Ants & how to make them go away
  • Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 11:02:44 -0700

Oh, and in reference to boric acid - if its fine enough, they wouldn't want
to cross it, like the talc idea.

But for poisoning, I found it only works on some ants. I just went to battle
with ghost ants which evidentally have satellite nests all over so its very
hard to poison the entire colony.

The boric acid usually has to be mixed with something they would want to eat,
not just straight. Ghost ants are picky eaters (or so I read) and for the
most part they seemed to avoid anything that was tainted. Smart little guys I
guess.

J. Troupe