permaculture - [permaculture] Ants & how to make them go away

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "paul" <charybda@newmex.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Ants & how to make them go away
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 10:19:22 -0600

I get rid of ant mounds using this easy method. Remove the top of the mound
with a shovel and then continue to dig down another 4"/10cm. Set a garden
hose to trickle into the depression so that there is no runoff but the basin
is always full of water. Leave this in place for 2 weeks. Ants move or drown.
I have clay soil so it doesn't seem to use much water. I don't know if it
would work in sandy soils. This method has worked well for me.

Paul Cross