permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Ants & how to make them go away

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Ants & how to make them go away
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 12:11:15 -0500

I've tried this, it works for the very smallest of hills. Some of the hills I have here are 5' x 5' across—I've dug down 2-3 feet in search of the queen & not seen the bottom of them. Plus I have literally hundreds of them on our 3 acres. I don't want to remove all of them, just the ones popping up in the middle of planters, trees, & other in the middle of pathways. Interestingly enough, once fall begins they all retreat & go down under, but this time of year they are climbing on every tree, bush, vine, plant on the whole property. Luckily these are non-biting small black ant & they don't seem to damage much except some fruit.

~mIEKAL

http://www.sustain360.org/index.php?showtopic=50