permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Is permaculture easy? (was Peak Oil)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: lbsaltzman@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Is permaculture easy? (was Peak Oil)
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 23:59:42 -0400

If you look at the Hubbert curve it is a bell curve, not a cliff, in which
case Toby is more or less right.? There will be expensive oil for awhile into
the future, not that we should be burning it.??The only things that could
make the fall off more like a cliff?than a?bell curve would be?a great
increase in hurricanes?that kept destroying oil facilities and/or?some well
placed acts of terrorism in the Middle East, both of which are possible.?

In the long run I am far more worried about runaway global warming than peak
oil.? Peak oil is an incredible opportunity to change that is being forced on
us.