permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Is permaculture easy? (was Peak Oil)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Toby Hemenway <toby@patternliteracy.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Is permaculture easy? (was Peak Oil)
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 17:58:12 -0700

I frequent "The Oil Drum" website often and 20-40 years to be the consensus among some very savvy oil-industry and Peak-Oil people who write there. It's a very rational site, mostly. But we're talking at much, much higher prices than we pay now. I didn't mean that it will be enough to satisfy demand or pump as much as we are pumping today. Just that oil isn't going to be out of the mix for a while yet. It sounds like we could pump about 30 million barrels per day by 2040 instead of the 90 million we pump now, at least in some of their scenarios. About 1960 levels, if I remember my numbers right.

Toby

Healing Hawk wrote:
Hi, Toby,
What information sources do you use that tell you there is three decades of
oil left available to us? I want very much to believe you are correct on
this. Thanks.

Tommy Tolson
Ecocity Austin