permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Peak Oil -

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Marjory" <forestgarden@gvtc.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Peak Oil -
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 18:32:55 -0500

Hi Tommy,

Thank you for your honesty. You don't have 30 years. I don't believe os
anyway. I doubt humanity will extract the last drop of oil - the intensity
of fighting over dwindling resources will prevent it.

this civilization is over. That is both the bad and the good news.

Good luck on your qdventrues. It is dammned hard to get one of those remote
farms up and functioning, much less a small community, and I sincerely doubt
eco cities will emerge. I think one of the major failings of permaculture
is the false optimism it engenders.

Sincerely,

Marjory