permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Where the political discussion goes

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Where the political discussion goes
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 23:50:54 -0400

lbsaltzman@aol.com wrote:
<begin quote>
I have run into something interesting on politics and the anti-war movement that might be relevent. I have a friend who is a Vietnam Veteran and anti-war activist. He was one of the driving forces behind what is called Arlington West in Santa Barbara, Calif., the community where I live. Arlington West is where the crosses were set up to comemorate the dead soldiers from Iraq, and it has been an effective anti-war tool which has spread to other cities. Anyway, my friend is also a sustainability kind of person and has sold Cheramoyas and other fruit to the local community. It is all produce that is grown in his backyard orchard.
<end quote>

Is this Sal Schettino?

<begin quote>
Conversely, while there are conservatives who don't get sustainability, there are members of the Christian right who have developed the concept of creation care and who are strongly beginning to get sustainability.
<end quote>

That is nice to hear. They also do home schooling and practice homestead preparedness, self-sufficiency and independence, grow their own food and put it by.
--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
Venaura Farm