permaculture - Re: [permaculture] ADMIN: Editing quoted material was Re: No-till potatoes - surface cultivation and deepmulching

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] ADMIN: Editing quoted material was Re: No-till potatoes - surface cultivation and deepmulching
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 23:40:28 -0400

Loren Davidson wrote:
=====================

Please, please, PLEASE!!!!

Do *not* leave the entire digest file in your reply when you post to the list! It makes the *next* digest file even longer, because people then have to scroll through the same damn thing two or three times in order to get to any material they *haven't* seen yet.

On this particular thread, the person who started the topic did the good thing of changing the subject line, but then left the entire digest - none of which was relevant to his post - attached at the end. The person who replied to it left *everything*.

Time and bandwidth are not unlimited resources. Use them as wisely as you use
soil and water.

Thanks for listening,

Loren

--
Loren Davidson listmail@lorendavidson.com
"Escape Artist" - http://www.lorendavidson.com

============================

You beat me to it. I just got a complaint in email about this.

Nota Bene:

In Future:
----------

Please remove all unneeded, non-pertinent quoted text you include in your
replies to any and all messages in this
permaculture forum. This especially applies to those who receive their
messages in digest format.

I have sugested that those weary of having to deal with interminable furlongs
of unnecessary quoted text
should yell loudly at transgressors. Loren and I could always put offending subscribers on moderation after three instances of this dreary practice. Yea or Nay on this?

LL
--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
Venaura Farm