permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Politcal talk-Yay or nay

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Dieter Brand <diebrand@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Politcal talk-Yay or nay
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 08:38:10 -0700 (PDT)

For non-US members it can at times be hard to follow the intricacies
of the domestic political debate in the US. Discussion of international
politics, on the other hand, may well turn out to be explosive. When,
in my younger days, I studied French at the Alliance Française in
Paris together with students from all around the World, one inviolable
rule was "no politics" and "no religion" in the classroom. On balance
I’m in favour of a separate political group, but don’t mind a little
talk about politics as long as it doesn’t dominate all else.

Dieter Brand
Portugal

Lisa Rollens <rollens@fidnet.com> wrote:
I know most people don't want to read political stuff in this forum but I
have noticed that it has elicited some very
> interesting comments that are right to the core of Permaculture. Still,
> maybe we could have a separate mailing list
> called politics and permaculture. I could have this ready in a few days.
> All in favor say yay, those against, nay.
> So if its ny for the new list and nay to more political talk here then so
> be it.

Lawrence, I don't mind a little polical talk here on this list since it does
apply to Permaculture. This particular discussion IS interesting. It just
got out of hand a couple weeks ago. I'd rather it here than to have another
list and more email.

Lisa, in the Ozarks, USA