permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Where are they?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Where are they?
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 23:46:59 -0400

Andrew French wrote:

I took some time to read some of the past issues of this listserv and
realized how crazy some of the posts really were. The Martins and Kenneths
are just plain trolls totally disrupting the normal flow of info that a list
like this could have. It pisses me off cuz I was going to cancel my
subscription about a week ago, but then I got too busy to do so. So seeing
some irritation with these irrational posts made me at least hang on for a
bit.

Thanks a huge amount for not unsubscribing, Andrew, and for offering your
assessment of the problem with trolls;
and especially to Tommy Tolson for ID'ing that creepy jerk early on.

So. Thanks for banning them, and we should figure out a really easy policy

They will not be back, ever, and others like them won't get near this forum.

to keep their ilk at bay. Like, five posts attacking another poster and
you're out? Or, when you're obviously mentally unhinged you can only post
once?

Something like that. We should be self-maintaining as a group. Anyone can
feel empowered to
warn an instigator of a flame war. If they keep at it anyway it will be
obvious that they should be removed.
I usually give them some latitude to show they mean well and will continue this policy but will be a lot more wary after the Ken Experience.

Like I said in an earlier post, obviously the practical and political
aspects of permaculture need to be addressed. But when we start to converse
about theory and opinion, we get caught up in stupid ego tricks.

Posts with political content should be tolerated but when they are crass,
overt political
propaganda with no permaculture overtones then these should and will be
disallowed.

LL
--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.