permaculture - Re: [permaculture] New subscription procedure:

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] New subscription procedure:
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 23:59:13 -0400

Loren Davidson wrote:

Right, Loren. Its noone's business who subscribes to a list,
they shouldn't have to be known to or approved by
existing list members. They shouldn't be required to tell me or
anyone else who they are when they want to join this forum.
They should be allowed to subscribe with no other indentification
than something like 716hs6&&@nunofyourbidness.world. I get this kind of thing.
Think I am going to let them into the list knowing they could be Kenny-Boys
on steroids.
Not too likely. We lost subscribers because of Ken and Martin.

In future they will need a more-or-less non-crazy-or-threatening-sounding email ID's and a Real Name, no nicks, if they want to join this forum. This is the way I choose to do it to keep spam and abusive people out of this forum.
Do you have a better idea?
Would you or anyone else offer to be list co-moderatots to help out with
subscriptions?
LL
--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.