permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Ron Paul for president of the United States of America

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Kenneth Benway" <ken@arcadiandesign.org>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: s.benway@verizon.net, MikeNardi@yahoo.com
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Ron Paul for president of the United States of America
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 00:49:11 -0400

This is awesome stuff. Thanks to both of you. I must be in the right
place!

Anyway, I'm about to respond to Tommy's attack on the character of Ron
Paul. I actually had a great deal of fun with this as you might imagine.
My first personal, emotional experience however, after reading his post
was one of anger. To me on the deepest level it felt like an assault on
my intelligence. I may not be a rocket scientist but I think I know an
honest, truthful, thoughtful, kind ,full of integrity, loving, and
courageous individual when I see one. The second thing that came up was
that I needed to get out of my head and into the NOW. The anger subsided
and I began to write. Obviously I must have still been quite angry
because after I finished my response I gave it to my wife Susan and a
friend Carol Ann to read and propose edits. They said "don't hit send".
You need to tone it down or it might escalate in a negative and
unproductive manner. They were right, Susan massaged it with her
feminine touch. The result will be sent out shortly along with my
conclusions regarding Ron Paul's clear stand on the abortion issue.
Regarding the environmental concerns as they relate to Ron Paul's
platform, they are still being worked on. I have emailed the
www.RONPAUL2008.com website on two occasions recommending that Ron Paul
get a short course in the art of Permaculture Design. He is a bright
guy, I'm confident he would get the idea pretty quickly. I am confident
that upon examining the nuclear power issue through the lens of
Permaculture he will see it's true folly, especially in a true free
market economy. I have not heard back yet, but I am communicating this
information to the ronpaul2008 meet up group as well so everyone is on
the same page. I suggest that we do as much cross-pollinating as
possible. I am inviting anyone interested to join the Ron Paul
Clearwater Florida Meet Up and observe or chime in. There is a lot of
powerful dialog going on relating to personal freedom and the
constitution. I am also suggesting that Ron Paul supporters get involved
with learning more about permaculture by using this venue as well as
others.

Sincerely,
Ken Benway
Arcadian Design