permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Ron Paul for president of the United States of America

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Tommy Tolson <healinghawk@earthlink.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Ron Paul for president of the United States of America
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 17:05:59 -0500

That was very informative. Thanks for going to the trouble of sharing your
thoughts and experiences with us.

There seem to be no worthwhile Republican candidates vying to run in the next
election and the Democrats know this.
If the Democrats give us Barack and/or Hillary for the ballit, as nice and intelligent as they may be on a personal level, what are we, after recovering from a severe slap in the face, to think? That both parties intend to dumb down the American public so they can foist their limited agenda upon them and still get their vote? The Greens don't exist in NC and in most states. That is a real loss. Nader and Perot did their best but got nowhere. McGovern should have won
against Nixon. Many think that if the Dems offer Barack and/or Hillary instead of many other highly electable, highly competent, personable, popular politicians they will lose the next and probably half dozen more elections; basically saying that they intend for their party to take a dive for the Repubs. That's what it would look like anyway.
Now, if we could just find a way to fine the enviro/eco/ag polluters to the tune of $1billion and take that money to finance a slick campaign to elect Martin Naylor president on the Republican ticket then we could level the playing field. Then Keith could easily win.

Seriously, the major reduction in taxes enacted by the Repubs not long ago benefitted many people in the middle class and I'll bet they're grateful and may show it at the polls with their vote. That is something people pay a lot of attention to, a big impact on the pocketbook. The Dems spending on social programs while promoting such things as the lottery don't get votes, especially when the public perception of most politicians in Washington is that they are whores on the take.

LL
Hi, Lawrence,
The other thing to consider is that the Repugs own the voting machines and the servers upon which the vote is tallied. Another thing to consider is that the Repugs eliminated Paul Wellstone. They've known how to jam aircraft instruments for years. My ex-brother in law knew how to do it. They eliminated the guy in Missouri who ran against the Christian thug Attorney General that the current shameless sycophant replaced. All they need is bad weather to cover the hit. Then there are the threats. When they asked Al Gore, "How are you going to protect your family?", he ran like a scalded dog. Did you see him gavel down the Florida representatives who tried to protest the vote in 2000? It was as bizarre a scene as I've witnessed. Why didn't he take their case himself? Only one Senator had to do it (and not a chickenshit one of them would do it) if the Florida delegation was to get around the rip-off the Repugs did. On AlterNet the other day, someone speculated that we've already had a military coup and they're slowly filling all the critical job slots in the government. Has some merit, I think. I thought it was against the law for an active military person to be the director of the CIA. Guess not.
The fact is, we, the people, have not elected Dubya to a single term of office. How do we square that with the damage he's done? The Constitution is shredded, the environment is ravaged, the largest transfer of wealth on record went to the richest of the socioeconomic top 1%, the US infrastructure is in rags, poverty is worse than it's been since the New Deal, and the smirking little bastard is still at it. Who benefits?

Barack and/or Hillary could really win. Whoever hogs the middle wins in the US. The Repugs succeeded in moving the middle to the right, but it didn't last. My Congressman, Lloyd Doggett, is the single sweetest human being in all of DC, but he won't take a stand against Nancy Pelosi and sign on to impeach Cheney after Dennis Kucinich introduced the legislation, even though Cheney is running an active and unconstitutional war against Iran out of his office with the old IranContra hands. The real terrorists are here, in the US, and they hold power, and they hold the country hostage.

Smiles,
Tommy