permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Ron Paul for president of the United States of America

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Ron Paul for president of the United States of America
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 16:40:18 -0400

Tommy Tolson wrote:

I'm an educated Green who votes Democratic as long as there are only two national political parties in the US with a prayer of governing. Actually, that's one, as the Republican Party, representing a minority of the US electorate (perhaps as low as 12% of the eligible voting population, considering 50% don't vote), seeks to rule rather than to govern.

Tommy:

That was very informative. Thanks for going to the trouble of sharing your
thoughts and experiences with us.

There seem to be no worthwhile Republican candidates vying to run in the next
election and the Democrats know this.
If the Democrats give us Barack and/or Hillary for the ballit, as nice and intelligent as they may be on a personal level, what are we, after recovering from a severe slap in the face, to think? That both parties intend to dumb down the American public so they can foist their limited agenda upon them and still get their vote? The Greens don't exist in NC and in most states. That is a real loss. Nader and Perot did their best but got nowhere. McGovern should have won
against Nixon. Many think that if the Dems offer Barack and/or Hillary instead of many other highly electable, highly competent, personable, popular politicians they will lose the next and probably half dozen more elections; basically saying that they intend for their party to take a dive for the Repubs. That's what it would look like anyway.
Now, if we could just find a way to fine the enviro/eco/ag polluters to the tune of $1billion and take that money to finance a slick campaign to elect Martin Naylor president on the Republican ticket then we could level the playing field. Then Keith could easily win.

Seriously, the major reduction in taxes enacted by the Repubs not long ago benefitted many people in the middle class and I'll bet they're grateful and may show it at the polls with their vote. That is something people pay a lot of attention to, a big impact on the pocketbook. The Dems spending on social programs while promoting such things as the lottery don't get votes, especially when the public perception of most politicians in Washington is that they are whores on the take.

LL
--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
Venaura Farm