permaculture - Re: [permaculture] anti-semitism or naivete

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] anti-semitism or naivete
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 15:49:39 -0400

Ben Martin Horst wrote:

Please don't continue to assert that racism no longer exists,
Lawrence. You're just digging your hole that much deeper, you're
denying the reality many people face every day, and you're certainly
not helping the cause of permacuture.

I never claimed that racism no longer exists. Look at where I live,
near the area that supplied KKK and Nazis to go with guns to the "Death To The Clan" rally in Greensboro NC years ago wher they shot and killed about 5 CWP members (Communist Workers Party), all from towns near me, Pittsboro, Durham
(several doctors at Duke Univ. Med. Center) and elsewhere, and the murderers
were acquitted. During a heavy snowstorm
years ago I was stranded at home, went one morning to check for mail down on
the highway, find my driveway gate closed
with something hanging over the top of it; I climb over and take a look to see attached to a stout piece of wire a big sheet of plywood painted black with, in gold halloween calligraphy, KKK paited in bold letters. I called the sherrif's department who sent a Black deputy out. He, without a word, put the sign in his truck and left, no comment, never heard
a word about it again. Black churches burned in North Carolina within the
past 15 or so years.

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
Venaura Farm