permaculture - Re: [permaculture] The Fed

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: peter chama <chappsy2003@yahoo.co.uk>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] The Fed
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 16:10:01 +0100 (BST)

TT. thanks for this mail, but what is your area of interest, what do you do,
what is this permaculture? I have been recieving all your communications

Tommy Tolson <healinghawk@earthlink.net> wrote: In /The Great
Transformation/, Karl Polanyi says that the effect of the
US Constitution was to "separate the people from power over their own
economic life" (p. 233-34). The Fed, charged with US monetary policy,
was/is nothing but an instrument in service to this end. IMO, it is not
in our interests to "bring down" anything and leave a void. The lawyers
who serve the rich will be on the spot as fast as James Baker III was in
Florida to make arrangements for the Supremes to pull off the Republican
coup in 2000, creating chaos in order to obscure regaining control over
the people by whatever means it takes. Rather, our interests are served
by nonviolently seizing legal power over our own economic lives, as the
Eastern Europeans, Bolivians, Venezuelans, and Ecuadorians modeled for
us. Until we do this, we can not stop the ecological destruction
wrought by the free market. We in the US do not possess sufficient
freedom to respond appropriately to our environment, i.e., to protect it
from further harm. Until we do, the small group that is served by Dubya
and the current wars (the rich) will continue their destruction of the
biosphere that supports life on Earth. This is why The Fed matters to
permaculture and why permaculture is a threat to the rich who run the
US. Act accordingly. The designers manual talks about organizing
societies into ecological arrangements. Where is the sense in this if
we do not have power over our own economic lives? Our spending floats
the US economy but our spending is a small fraction of the total
economic activity. The Walton family and Bill Gates may make more money
per year than all permaculturalists combined. In Austin, some of the
people have organized to avoid a 24-hour WalMart SuperCenter in their
neighborhood. The local government (liberal by most US standards)
favors WalMart. Enough said? Too much?

Smiles.
Tommy Tolson