permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Edges - Re: permaculture and science || needrecommendations for plantings at edge of pond

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Edges - Re: permaculture and science || needrecommendations for plantings at edge of pond
  • Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 22:58:17 -0500

Scott Pittman wrote:
First I've heard of zones 6 and 7. Permaculture zones are 1-5, see PC
Designers manual.

USDA plant hardiness zone. I am at the edge of zone 7. In late fall, 30 miles
east of me,
tree leaves turn about a month later.

Thanks for the planting suggestions. I will look closer at plants with edible fruit, wild black cherry, river birch, willow, elderberry, eleagnus maybe and other plants found near streams, wet weather and year round.
--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
Venaura Farm