permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Edges - Re: permaculture and science || needrecommendations for plantings at edge of pond

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Scott Pittman" <scott@permaculture.org>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Edges - Re: permaculture and science || needrecommendations for plantings at edge of pond
  • Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 12:46:51 -0700

First I've heard of zones 6 and 7. Permaculture zones are 1-5, see PC
Designers manual.

Most riparian plants will do well at pond edge. I have a multiple depth
edge around my pond starting at 8", 12", 24" which allows me to plant
various species that like different depths of water. On my chinampa edge I
have basket willow, choke cherry, currents, mulberry, raspberry, and
riparian medicinals.

Scott Pittman
Director
Permaculture Institute