permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Edges - Re: permaculture and science || need recommendations for plantings at edge of pond

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Edges - Re: permaculture and science || need recommendations for plantings at edge of pond
  • Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 23:40:25 -0500

Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:
I would like to crenelate the pond's edge and install a variety of plantings that are native to my locale and will work well in an edge zone with nondescript plant material that may drift in and out, airborne, waterborne or waterborne. The water in the pond is high in nutrients and duckweed growing there now is flourishing even in this cole weather we are having.

That should read:

I would like to crenelate the shoreline of the pond and install a variety of
plantings that are native to my
locale that will work well in an edge zone with nondescript plant material
that may drift in and out, airborne,
waterborne or animal-borne. The water in the pond is high in nutrients and duckweed growing there now is flourishing even in this cold weather we are having.

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
Venaura Farm