permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Founder Bashing

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Toby Hemenway <toby@patternliteracy.com>
  • To: permaculture list <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Founder Bashing
  • Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 11:41:57 -0800

The Designer's Manual and Bill's lectures suggest that Bill has a brain or
two of his own.

David stayed with me for a few days on his last North America tour, and I
asked him about the writing of Permaculture One--in essence, how much of it
was his and how much was Bill's. There's been tension between David and Bill
at times, but David answered in a way that gave utterly full credit to Bill,
was as un-gossipy and even-handed a description of their collaboration as I
can imagine any human giving, and showed me that without both of them, there
would be no permaculture. I hold David's statement as an exemplar when I'm
trying to speak mindfully and fairly. If he can do it, we should be able to.

Toby