permaculture - [permaculture] Grant opportunity for Climate Change project for youth]

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: KNat <knat@sprintmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Grant opportunity for Climate Change project for youth]
  • Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 06:54:03 -0600

Figuring some of you are early 20s:

Subject: [Globalwarming] Grant opportunity for Climate Change project for
youth

I just came across this announcement for grants to fund youth projects for
climate change. It looks like a terrific opportunity to engage our youth on
a project many of them care very much about. Follow the link at the bottom
of the announcement for more information about what kinds of projects will
qualify. If your congregation decides to make a proposal, please let me
know. If I can help with suggestions or letters of support, feel free to
ask.

Red, White & Green Climate Change Grants Available for Youth Projects

Deadline: March 9, 2007

Youth Service America (http://www.ysa.org/ ) and the Civil Society Institute
(http://www.civilsocietyinstitute.org/ ) have announced the second round of
the Red, White & Green Climate Change Grant. This opportunity offers $500 to
young people and to organizations that engage young people in the United
States between the ages of 15 and 25.
Applicants are expected to develop and implement a service-learning project
about climate change that engages their community, policy makers, and
candidates running for election in 2007 and 2008.
The program welcomes projects where youth work in partnership with adults
(parents, coaches, teachers, youth leaders, etc.), but the projects
should be youth-led and must take place between May 1 and October 31, 2007.

Selected grantees will share the outcomes and next steps of their service
projects with each other and with climate change experts. They will also
present their recommendations to high-level policy makers. Visit the Red,
White & Green Climate Change Web site (http://www.redwhiteandgreen.org/ ) to
learn more about this initiative.

  • [permaculture] Grant opportunity for Climate Change project for youth], KNat, 02/04/2007