permaculture - Re: [permaculture] permaculture Digest, Vol 48, Issue 62

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: jedd <jedd@progsoc.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] permaculture Digest, Vol 48, Issue 62
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 08:11:56 +1100

On Wednesday 31 January 2007 2:49 am, camille cimino wrote:
] PC is based on reality, facts, and physics NOT
] spirituality.

On Wednesday 31 January 2007 2:59 am, mIEKAL aND wrote:
] Tell this to the indigenous peoples whose 1000s of years of
] relationships with the world around them inspire a lot of
] permaculture practitioners.

But can you point to any of that stuff that has inspired
permaculture *practices*? Or better yet, is an inherent part
of, or requirement for, those practices

Lots of things inspire lots of different people to do lots of
different things .. but that's a bit too abstract to then say that
those inspirations are necessary in order to me to do those
same things, say. Or even to say that those inspirations are at
all related to those things.

Causality is so often misunderstood.

] In one of our early permaculture courses at Dreamtime, we had 3
] Hochunk guys who were constantly bored with the lectures & went
] outside to smoke. At one point I joined them outside next to our
] chicken pen & they told me it was farm more interesting what the
] various chickens were saying to each other about their lives inside
] the pen & the proceded to explain to me in detail what each chicken
] was saying.

Sounds like they had some pretty good horticultural skills
of their own -- I'd have wanted to have a few of their rollies too.

Jedd.