permaculture - Re: [permaculture] The main reason why New agers dominate permaculture.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Botan Anderson" <mysticprairie@wwt.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] The main reason why New agers dominate permaculture.
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 14:24:43 -0600

The core of New Age belief is that a new age is coming where we return to a
Garden of Eden like existance on Earth, and "Heaven" (or Spirit or God) and
the Earth are one.
The core of Judeo/Christian belief is that we got kicked out of the
Garden, and the Earth is a lesser world for us to dominate and use as we see
fit, until we die and go to heaven or Armagedon comes. In any case the
spititual "Prize" they are after isn't here on earth.
New Agers are drawn to permaculture, because that is how they think we
will live in the "New Age", and that we can be "co-creators" in bringing it
in.
Incidently, I've been a " New Ager" since the early 80's, but I've
never considered it a "religion" nor do I know any New Agers that consider it
a religion. Religious people confuse religion with spirituality. They are not
the same! I see permaculture as an ecological movement, and it can be
spirtitually satisfying for anybody to be involved in, but let's keep
religion out of it. We have plenty of other problems to solve.
Botan