permaculture - Re: [permaculture] permaculture spirituality

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] permaculture spirituality
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 14:10:36 -0500

Paul Cereghino wrote:

I don't see incorporation of permaculture into sub-cultural cosmologies as
beneficial.

Don't you mean the reverse? Otherwise you'd be denying cultural groups who
embrace
certain cosmological concepts access to all the world of permaculture has to
offer.

The 'New Age' subculture is looking for unitary philosophical phenomena much like other evangelical faith-based communities. And with slight adaptation, permaculture can be presented as a unitary all encompassing philosophy.

I agree with this.

However I think this is a subcultural phenomena. I would

That may be. Part of the delight derived from participating in a PDC is
exposure to the
mystery and ingenuity of permaculture especially as one uses careful
observation,
analysis and knowledgebuilding to become adept at practicing and teaching
permaculture.

suspect that this list does NOT reflect a cross cutting demographic (referencing the esteemed mr. London's 'mainstream' comments earlier),

I meant the permaculture professionals doing it full or part time in a
serious way.

and that keeping Permaculture free and clear 'New Age' cultural influences, is as critical to its expansion in America as building a legitimate connection to the scientific community.

This is true.

LL
--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.