permaculture - Re: [permaculture] gold and silver

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Toby Hemenway <toby@patternliteracy.com>
  • To: permaculture list <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] gold and silver
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 13:57:10 -0800

For those who are interested in the gold/silver, fiat money, what to do when
TSHTF scenarios, I would recommend checking out Life After the Oil Crash at
http://latocforum.com and going to the "investing, finance, and asset
protection" forum. All these issues have been discussed at great length
there, and often by people who seem pretty knowledgeable (though the usual
wackos are there too). The gun/no gun debate has also been covered there, in
several forums.

Gold and silver have, for millennia, been the medium of exchange when
currency and other methods have broken down. The reasons for this have been
debated forever, but it's an observable fact. In the two world wars and in
refugee camps, they, along with cigarettes, were traded for food and
supplies. So I'd expect them to be media of exchange again if things get
tough.

Toby
Learn permaculture in at a tropical food forest in Belize this February.
Details at www.patternliteracy.com