permaculture - [permaculture] Help in Zambia

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Marsha Hanzi <mhanzi@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Help in Zambia
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 10:33:17 -0800 (PST)

He could get in contact with ECHO which is an ONG that supports agricultural
missionaries by supplying different seeds and technical knowhow.

In Ft. Myers, Florida.
They have a webpage www.echonet.org and most probably know someone in the
country- they have a lot of African contacts...

Marsha Hanzi
Marizá Epicenter of Culture and Agroecology
Brazil
www.marhsa.com.br

>My youngest brother is most likely going with his family to Zambia later
this year as missionaries. As part of the mission, he would be helping
the local community farm. My brother doesn't have a gardening or
farming background other than the family garden we grew up with. I
hooked him up with some introductory permaculture books, but I was
wondering if any of you would know of some resources for him on Zambian
climate, local foods, indigenous edible plants, indigenous gardening
practices, and the like. Are there any Zambian Permaculture courses or
anyone doing Permaculture in Zambia that anyone is aware of?

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.

  • [permaculture] Help in Zambia, Marsha Hanzi, 01/12/2007