permaculture - [permaculture] Final Draft of Mother Earth News Petition

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Steve Diver <steved@ncat.org>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Final Draft of Mother Earth News Petition
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 09:46:32 -0600

The new generation of permaculture activisim is happening
with grassroots electronics and weekend on-site workshops.

Instead of waiting for handouts from publishers like MEN,
organizations, researchers, institutions, and NGOs..... permaculture
activists do their own research and write their own documentation
and share through workshops. Thus, they learn in the process and
they empower thousands of other people seeking a sustainable
approach to living on this earth.

The permaculture wikis and databases and web pages
can provide an instant publishing platform.

There is plenty of documentation and information on the
Jean Pain method.

The other part of the picture, as I noted, is that the equipment
is expensive and the labor is enormous. Brushwood pile
collection, stacking, and management is beyond the capacity of
many part-time land managers.
However, there are related appropriate technologies available
to gardeners and farmers to accomplish the same goals
of Jean Pain (biomass energy and buildup of soil organic
matter).

Instead of focusing on a "petition", I'd rather see you share
notes about your land management projects and goals
and see what kind of technical resources and advice you
can gather from this online pc community.
Steve Diver
Fayetteville, AR