permaculture - [permaculture] Estancia Ranquilco PDC - Patagonia, Argentina, 2-15 April 2007

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: <darren@permaculture.biz>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>, "permaculture-oceania" <pil-pc-oceania@lists.permacultureinternational.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Estancia Ranquilco PDC - Patagonia, Argentina, 2-15 April 2007
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 23:24:04 +1100

G'day,

I trust that this greets you and all well.

A smallish note to advise that I have been lucky enough to be invited
back to lead a PDC at the amazing 110,000 acre Estancia Ranquilco, in
the Patagonian Andes, Argentina from the 2nd of April thru to the 15th
of April 2007. Course rates range from USD$750-1750 depending upon the
level accomodation chosen.

Completing participants will recieve The Permaculture Institute
(Australia) Permaculture Design Course Certificate.

Participants are invited to stay on at the property (as most of our
October 2006 graduates did) and live the life of the high Andes on a
working rangeland property. These guys have done a great job building
and planting gardens in readiness for this upcoming course and the job
of nourishing those who are able to come down. Its about USD$17/day (all
inclusive) to stay on.

This property is truly breathetaking and I can't wait to take my wife
Lisa and our 3 kids there in April. I went last time myself and was just
amazed at how beautiful it was. If my family were with me then, then I
may not have left!

The property is accessed by luxury coach (SuperCama - around USD$45
return) from Beunos Aires to Zapala, then drive to El Hueco, then horse
back 4-5 hrs into the Estancia guided by Gaucho Fabian. I am very much
looking forward to reaquainting myself with Caesar, my trusty steed of
last time....Its the same way to get out.

The Casa Grande is the main building at the hydro-powered (13KVA)
settlement, and is accessed by crossing the wild trout-filled Trocoman
River via hand-cranked cable car. Chef Martin (Uraguay), his assistant
Argentina and little Norma are on hand to prepare hearty, traditional
meals throughout, with many Asada's (traditional Argentinian BBQ),
Neuquen & Mendoza merlot's together Cristina and Gaucho Horatio's song.

This year we will also be including a visit to a Tomas & Hannah's 26,000
acre Organic/Holistic Resource Management Angus & Merino property - one
of the best managed rangeland systems I have witnessed. 4 orders of
Raptors (including Condor's), Ducks, Geese, Hare, Rabbit and countless
other species, including Puma co-habit this property with the ultimate
free-ranging beef and sheep. No ATV's, no Tractors, just horses....the
same goes at Ranquilco.

Flights from Australia are thru Aerolineas Argentinas or Air LAN and
start at about AUD$1800 return. From the North America flights are thru
Delta, Continental, American, United etc. and are from about USD$750
return.

To see photos of last year's course go to
http://www.permaculture.biz/PatagoniaPDC.htm

For more information on the course please contact me directly at
darren@permaculture.biz . To view the Estancia Ranquilco website please
go to www.ranquilco.com .

Yours and Growing,

Ciao,

Darren Doherty
<http://www.permaculture.biz/> www.permaculture.biz

Australia Home: +61 (0) 3 5441 5525
Australia Mobile: +61 (0) 437 350 773
Viet Nam Mobile: +84 (0) 977 800 994

WORLD TOUR 2007
Permaculture Design Certificate Course (PDC)
Soil & Water for Every Farm with Keyline Design (KDC)
Design & Consulting (DC)

March 19-20 - PDC - Rainbow Valley Farm, Matakana, New Zealand

March 21-25 - PDC - Taranaki Environment Education Centre, Inglewood,
New Zealand
April 2-15 - PDC - Estancia Ranquilco, Neuquen Province, Argentina
April/May - KDC/DC - Santa Barbara & San Luis Obispo, California, USA
May - PDC/DC - None of The Above Ranch, Eel River, California, USA

May/June - PDC/KDC - Aprovecho, Oregon, USA

June - KDC - Finger Lakes, New York, USA
June/July - PDC/DC - Spain, Italy & Austria
August - PDC - Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
September - PDC/KDC - Portland, Oregon, USA

October - PDC - Bendigo, Victoria, Australia

November - KDC - The Channon, NSW, Australia

PRIVACY DISCLAIMER - The contents of this electronic message and any
attachments are intended only for the addressees and may contain
privileged or confidential information. They may only be used for the
purposes for which they were supplied. Any use not in accord with its
purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial, is
prohibited except with formal approval. If you receive this message in
error please delete it and immediately notify the sender by return
e-mail or telephone

  • [permaculture] Estancia Ranquilco PDC - Patagonia, Argentina, 2-15 April 2007, darren, 01/08/2007