permaculture - Re: [permaculture] database, wiki, blogs, forums, etc

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] database, wiki, blogs, forums, etc
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 02:11:06 -0500

Richard Archer wrote:

I'm still interested in such a project too, and if it's developed
in PHP I'll even be able to help.

Wonderful. Your help would be very valuable.

Much of the discussion on the pcplantdb mailing list is pertinent
to this project... the outline of what that project was trying
to create is still relevant now.

It is almost identical except that this new one would include a wider range
of topics
(I assume this is what others have in mind), things such as renewable energy,
alternative architecture,
farming, homesteading and appropriate technology, or at least gleanings from
these topics.
This could be a comprehensive representation of permaculture in data stored
in a database.
Hope this description isn't an example of beginning design creep.

Are the archives of that list online somewhere?

Yes but the archives are only available to list members.

These is a considerable amount of information there that would be useful
to us now. I'll glean some and post it here.

You are aubscribed as pcplantdb@juggernaut.com.au so I
just added you as permaculture@juggernaut.com.au. You can unsub either
in case you're subscribed twice.

LL
--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
Venaura Farm
lfl@intrex.net
info@market-farming.com
IM: lawrence.london@pandion.be & lfl@amber.org.uk
Market Farming
http://market-farming.com
Venaura Farm, sustainably-grown produce & garden handtools
http://market-farming.com/venaurafarm
Venaura Farm Blog
http://venaurafarm.blogspot.com/
Venaura Farm Gallery