permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Fruit tree pruning

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fruit tree pruning
  • Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 21:37:52 -0500

Greg,
That's a very good link. Great pics and very timely as it perfectly meets the needs of a client I am presently serving.
Thanks,
Keith

Greg wrote:
Cesca,
Assuming you live in an urban area this should answer a lot of your queations.
Greg

http://www.davewilson.com/homegrown/BOC_what-is.html
Hello while we are on the subject of fruit trees - I can't descide wether to
leave my ?5 year old apple and pear trees to grow as they wish or to prune.
What are you thoughts and experiences on leaving crop trees alone?
And if I try pruning how do I tell if it is spur or tip forming? I have been
reading about spur and renewal pruning but don't want to do more harm than
good!

Thanks

Cesca
Leics UK