permaculture - [permaculture] Getting published on our green education Website

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Greg <Greg@UrbanFarm.org>
  • To: phxpermaculture@yahoogroups.com, Localtoglobaljustice@yahoogroups.com, Permaculture@openpermaculture.org, permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org, efs-curriculum@yahoogroups.com, AZIshmael@yahoogroups.com, hammermill@yahoogroups.com, permaculture@yahoogroups.com, PhoenixAreaRootsAndShoots@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [permaculture] Getting published on our green education Website
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 18:51:22 -0700

Hi all,

I have recently filmed a TV Show called Smart Spaces: Inside and Out that is designed to teach mainstream Americans how to make sustainable choices. to back up the show we are creating a comprehensive website to educate visitors about just how to make sustainable choices. To that end we are looking for writers to help us build our list of 'white papers' on sustainability topics. I have included a call for submissions so that you know how to submit papers. I am looking forward to any submissions you might have.

Greg Peterson
www.permaculture.net
www.UrbanFarm.org

Call for Submissions

Sustainability and green living have reached a tipping point with media, business, and the public. What's missing is an engaging way to educate mainstream American consumers. That's about to change. Greg Peterson and Amy Godfrey have created a new TV show, "Smart Spaces: Inside & Out." The show has not yet been signed for broadcast, but the pair has added a companion Web site to enable viewers to learn more and to take action on the ideas presented on the show.

"Smart Spaces: Inside and Out" is seeking articles for its companion Web site, www.30daystosustainability.com. We cannot pay for articles, but we will include a short bio and contact information for writers whose articles are accepted. With the television show and lots of marketing planned to promote the Web site, this is a great venue for up & coming writers and other professionals to promote their work while helping to make the world a better place.

We are seeking positive, upbeat, guilt-free articles of approximately 500 words which address sustainability-related topics (healthy eating, green home building, urban gardening, saving energy, etc.) in an accessible, conversational tone. Examples can be found at <http://www.30daystosustainability.com>www.30daystosustainability.com (the site is still under construction)

If you are interested, please send a note with your article idea to me at <mailto:amyjbelanger@aol.com>amyjbelanger@aol.com. I will send you article guidelines and feedback on your article idea.

For the Earth,

Amy Belanger
<mailto:amyjbelanger@aol.com>amyjbelanger@aol.com