permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Fruit trees watering zones

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: dwoodard@becon.org
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fruit trees watering zones
  • Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 13:07:59 -0500 (EST)

Bob, did you do anything special to combat pests?

It might be really useful to know what you and you ecologist
friend came up with.

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada

On Fri, 8 Dec 2006, rrandall1 wrote:

Actually, I see by your comment that I probably mislead some of you. That orchard was in 1977 when I was still two years away from even hearing about permaculture, and it was on rented land where the orchard management was controlled by the owner-- a UC Riverside ecologist-- and I just did the work and got half of the crop.

But we did grow many kinds of citrus, bunch grapes, apricots, peaches, pomegranates, and figs without any spraying-- all with Southern California's "limitless" supply of water from the far away mountains. The trees didn't seem to mind 105? at all.

Bob Randall

[snip]